Wednesday 2 January 2013

Something a little different!

Those of you who visit me regularly might have seen me mention that I have been making some clocks, well when I saw the current challenge over at CD Sunday this week - THINK OF A NUMBER - I thought it was the ideal opportunity to show you one of them.  I know it probably wasn't what you had in mind Carol but I hope you will forgive me.

I made this one for my Mother in Law who absolutely loves anything by Thomas Kinkade.


The most difficult thing about making these clocks is finding an image that is suitable.  The centre of most images has something quite important on it and you can't really have the hands poking out of the main focal point.  The image on this one is from Joanna Sheen's Thomas Kinkade CD.

I print the numbers on top of the picture, cut it out and stick it to an MDF circle with a hole in the middle.  I then emboss the outside rim of the MDF circle and image.  Just add a clock mechanism and some hands and there you go.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

The CD Sunday Challenge - Think of a Number
2 Sisters Challenge 124 - Anything But A Card
Creative Moments Challenge 7 - Emboss It/Anything Goes
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge 187 - Not a card
Ladybug Crafts Challenge - Anything but a card
Hotshot Craft Challenge 14 - Clean and Simple

Thank you so much for calling, please pop back again soon.

Pauline
x

24 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Its beautiful Pauline I am sure your MIL loved it! Happy New Year too x

Beryl said...

Fabulous Pauline. The image you've chosen is lovely and I'm sure your mum will be thrilled to bits with it. I have some clocks ready to be made up but haven't had the time while I was in Christmas card mode. This has given me the inspiration to get on with it.
Thank you for sharing this lovely clock with us at CD Sunday. It's a brilliant take on the theme.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Unknown said...

This is just stunning Pauline, as you know I love TK cards too and you have done a wonderful job of this one....luv anniexx
Hope you and your family have a wonderful new year xx

Seafield Jo said...

That's gorgeous Pauline, I bet your Mother-in-Law will treasure it. What a great idea.

Jo x

Dawn said...

Pauline, this is lovely! My mum loves Thomas Kinkade too!
Happy New Year to you & yours!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Clairebears said...

Pauline its fantastic :0) What a great idea for a gift. I might have to give it ago. Good luck for the challenge :0)
Love Clairebears x

Sue said...

This is stunning Pauline. Such a gorgeous image, it make a really special gift.

Sue xx

Claire said...

Lovely and clever creation with a perfect image. Hugs, Claire x

rachel said...

stunning clock Pauline - often wondered about giving these a go! Big Hugs Rachel xx

Lorraine said...

This is stunning Pauline. I love Thomas Kinkade, and this image is just gorgeous!
Happy New Year
Lorraine x

Jocelyn said...

Wow! that is super Pauline. I bought a couple of blanks and mechanisms with the idea of making them up but once I got them home my mojo ran off and hid in a corner of my craft room. Having seen what a lovely job you have made of this one I am tempted to have a go.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Happy New Year Pauline, I hope it's a good one. Love your clock, the image looks fabulous. Carol x

Carol said...

Not what I had in mind!! I think it is fabulous Pauline and what a great idea. The image you have chosen looks perfect. I can understand what you mean about choosing the right one and you have done just that.
Thank you for joining in Pauline.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is fab Pauline! what a wonderful creation! the picture is perfect for this design! I love Thomas Kinkade too… just put up our Calendars for 2013! :-)
Happy New Year! hope it's a Happy and Healthy one for you and your family!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Victoria said...

What a fabulous alternative use of crafting materials... I love the idea and the result. I bet your MIL absolutely loved it. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you the happiest of New Years!

Sue said...

Hello again Pauline. Just popping back for another look at your gorgeous clock and to say thank you for taking part in the Ladybug Crafts Challenge
Sue

sue-b said...

absolutely beautiful Pauline, and you make it all sound so easy, i think it's a fantastic idea and beautiful gift. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Anonymous said...

great creation thanks for sharing with us at 2sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

Linby said...

wow-this is stunning and I think you chose the perfect picture.
Thanks for sharing at CD Sunday this week.
Lynn x
GDT

starcyl said...

What a fabulous project and a lovely gift.
Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday and your continued support.
Jenny xx
CD Sunday DT

Pat (mspfd) said...

Clever take on the challenge. I am sure your mother-in-law with treasure this wonderful clock.

Purple Crazy said...

Such a lovely project, I do love Kincade images, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

Karen Petitt said...

A gorgeous project - bet it was well loved.
Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Moments for Challenge #7 Emboss It/Anything Goes. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again Karen (P) CM DT http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

Cazro said...

You have certainly jumped out of the box with this one but it is an amazing and wonderful project, I am sure your MIL will be thrilled. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz