Thursday 6 September 2012

Autumn Colours

It wasn't my turn to make a card for the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge this week but I couldn't resist colouring up this gorgeous image from sheet 184 and making a card.

The challenge this week is RIBBONS AND/OR LACE, we are also introducing a new element to the challenge - ANYTHING GOES WITH A WHOOPSI DAISY IMAGE - so if you use a WHOOPSI DAISY IMAGE you can enter any style of card or project you like - you don't have to follow the theme - so come on get out your WHOOPSI DAISY images and show us what you can do - there is usually a free image HERE.

I think the weather is getting quite autumnal at the moment, the days are lovely and sunny but the evenings are drawing in and the mornings are quite chilly first thing so I decided to make my card using autumn colours:


I have coloured my image with ProMarkers and the papers are My Mind's Eye - Bloom & Grow.  I used a Martha Stewart scalloped edge punch to add the scalloped detail at the bottom of my card and also the central border.  Full details of everything I have used are listed below.

I have decorated the inside of my card to complement the front:


Card Recipe:

Papers:  My Mind's Eye - Bloom & Grow
Card Stock:  Dies to Die For - Kraft
Tools:  Spellbinders - Large Scalloped Oval, Martha Stewart - Edge Punch
Docrafts - Leaf Punch
Embellishments:  ribbon, flowers, string and pearls from stash
Sentiment:  Docrafts - Wellington Collection

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Songbird Challenge 3 - String of Pearls
The Pink Elephant Challenge 164 - Use Patterned Paper
Paper Pretties Monday Challenge 55 - Create a Square Card
Lexi's Creations Challenge 73 - Autumn Colours
LEJ Designs Challenge 19 - Autumnal
Lollipop Crafts Challenge 89 - Fall Frolic
The Crazy Challenge 128 - Seeing Spots
The Ribbon Carousel Challenge 69 - Beautiful Bows
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Going Dotty
The Ribbon Girl September Challenge - Pearls

Why don't you pop over to the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge Blog and take a look at the DT inspiration, there is still plenty of time to enter our RIBBONS AND/OR LACE challenge but don't forget you can also enter an ANYTHING GOES WITH A WHOOPSI DAISY IMAGE project.

Thank you so much for visiting me today, please leave a comment so that I know you have called.

Pauline
x

25 comments:

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Just so adorable, the image is so sweet and I love the colours
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

Hi Pauline this is just fantastic what a super card , she is lovely isn't she and such fabulous design Great work .
Well done Hugs Elaine

Seafield Jo said...

Another lovely card Pauline. Your colouring is fab and I love the colours.

Jo x

rachel said...

beautiful card Pauline - love the colours and the image is beautiful xx

kelly ledder said...

What a beautiful card Pauline, I love the colours the papers are just beautiful.

Kelly x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Pauline. This is so beautiful and very delicate and calming.
Love your image and design, and the colours are fabulous.
Thanks for sharing at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Pauline this is a beautiful card, love the layout the colouring is perfect, thank you for joining us at LEJ this week, Pauline x

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Pauline. I love the images and the papers and colours are gorgeous.

Sue

Laura Bradley said...

Hi Pauline! Love the autumn colours on this and the image is very sweet! Thanks for joining us at Songbird! Laura x

KandA said...

Super card Pauline. Love the colours and papers xx

Sue said...

Hello again Pauline. It's a pleasure for me to pop back to have another look at your gorgeous card and to say thank you for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Going Dotty Challenge

Sue

Pia S said...

What a sweet card and image! I think your design is fantastic, with the the two beautiful DPs, divided by the pretty ribbon and bow with tag.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Pauline what a lovely card just perfect for autumn! I know what you mean the nights are really drawing in now. Hugs Susan x

Nicole G said...

Beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Autumn coloured card Pauline, and the DP are just beautiful. Don't you just love these images, I am so impressed with the colours chosen...luv annie

Claire said...

This is a really sweet card Pauline, love your papers. Hugs, Claire x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Pauline this is absolutely gorgeous I love that image you have used also the wonderful Autumnal colours.
Hugs
Lorraine x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Thought I recognised Linnies artistic skills, lovely pretty image gorgeous design. janex

Victoria said...

Gorgeous papers and a lovely image. I really like the sentiment tag you've attached.

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous card - like the autumn colours - thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl monthly card challenge to add pearls, Mary G x

Jan said...

What a beautiful card Pauline xx Jan

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Such a beautiful and girly card. Love it! Thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs:)

Познавате ме като "Точица", "щурчо", "Елфи", "КрасИва" или може би не ме познавате? said...

Beautiful card with lovely colours..
Thank you for plaing along with us at CCH # 128 Seeing Spots!
Hugs,Krassi

Miradormakings said...

Well done Pauline for making Guest Designer with Joanna Sheen it is a fabulous card.

Joan x

Plastic Card said...

Stunning card. So gorgeous design. I really appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing this adorable creation.