Wednesday 21 December 2011

Red and White Christmas

I've made this card for the new Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog and the first challenge them is 'Christmas Wishes'.  This card is my youngest son's Christmas card, he loves cute animals so I thought this would be perfect for him.


I always find boy's cards difficult, especially choosing colours and embellishments so I kept it simple with just two colours, a couple of buttons and a charm.  The image and papers are all from Joanna Sheen's Furry Friends CD and the sentiment is computer generated.  Everything is backed with Core'dinations card stock and the image, corners and sentiment attached with Collall 3D glue to add some dimension.

For the inside of the card I re-sized one of the inserts from the CD and backed it on the same Core'dinations card stock.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Joanna Sheen Challenge - Christmas Wishes
My Time to Craft Challenge 169 - Winter Pals
Cute Card Thursday Challenge 195 - Stripes
2 Sisters Challenge 70 - Kids Christmas
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge 65 - Anything Christmas (Tip - Don't buy lots of different coloured ribbons, string, raffia, flowers etc., buy white  or natural ones and colour them to match your project with ProMarkers or other Alcohol Pens you will then have a perfect match and save yourself a fortune.)

Thank you for looking.

Pauline
x




13 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card love it!! Ginny

Nicola said...

Perfect boy's Christmas card Pauline, it's so cute and the colours and embellies are great!
Happy Christmas
Love Nicola xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oops Im a Bad Mum and don't do cards for my boys. Love this one Im sure your son will love it. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week and Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas, Hazelxo

Mynn xx said...

FABULOUS tip! LOVE your CD case--fabulous! :) Love your doggie image! :) Happy holidays! :)

Claire said...

Aww so cute - lovely card and love the papers and combo. Hugs, Claire x

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, I'm sure he'll love it. Carol x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, just love the colour combo!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT, good luck & Merry Christmas!
Hugs Shell xx

kelly ledder said...

Fab card I now only buy one colour, usually in bulk and always use promarkers for colouring, I also colour the pearls too so they always co-ordinte x

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Pauline! I love the image - so adorable! Gorgeous papers and layering. Your son will love it!!
If I don't catch you before weekend… hope you and your loved ones have a very Happy Christmas and New Year!
Big Hugs!
Sue xxx

Digi Darla said...

Wow cute dog, and I love the color of your card. Please visit my challenge blog and join our new Silver Christmas and Baker at Digidarla.com and Merry Christmas.

XXXDigidarla.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What an adorable card Pauline! Hope you have a great Christmas and best wishes for 2012 x

Annette said...

hahaha this one made me smile. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Merry Christmas. Annette xx

NGCARDS said...

Gorgeous creation hun! Thanks for playing at Joanna Sheen! xxx